March for Babies

Monday, August 25, 2008

Bump

Well, it couldn't all go smoothly, could it? We came across a minor setback today. Nothing major. Her numbers are down. Actually just one number is down, but it is the important one. Her ANC is 603 which puts her into the quarantine zone again. Her white counts, platelets and hemoglobin are all fine but the ANC was the deal breaker. They cannot give her the chemo this week.
SO, she will get the Neupogen shots tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday. They will check her again on Thursday and if all looks good then we will try to do the chemo next week. They have a nurse coming in on Monday for another patient who needed to be seen on the holiday so at least we are not the only ones messing up the long weekend for the clinic staff.
Our short-term goal: Keep the girl healthy and try again next week.

Mere :O)
Sent via Motorola Q by Sprint

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! I just caught up after taking a little break from blogs for my own mental health and things were sounding so good, until this post! Hopefully it is a minor bump, as you've said, and not anything more.

Don't worry too much about the clinical staff's long weekend. Someone has to work it, and I'm sure they are used to this kind of thing. I have a friend in the medical field who tells me this all the time.

swtsurvivor said...

I have been keeping up with everything, and I want you, Tim, and Manda to know you are all in my thoughts and prayers, as well as Jordyns. She keeps asking that Manda get better real soon so they can play again. Let me know if there is anything I can do, please!!! We love you all!!

Alexicographer said...

Hi,

I remember Manda from her earliest days and was so sorry to learn she has cancer. This is my first visit to this blog, and I am still catching up on her story. I'm so sorry to hear she's had this setback and will be keeping her and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers.